Training and Events
Local and National Training Opportunities
We have a number of training resources for our members and prospective members.
Colorado CAC Members: Login to the Colorado CAC Login and look in the training folder.
The Colorado Children’s Alliance facilitates multidisciplinary training for professionals involved in the investigation, prosecution and treatment of child abuse cases in the following areas:
- Prevention strategies for child abuse
- Reporting child abuse for mandated reporters
- Medical diagnosis of child sexual abuse
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) training
- Developmental consequences of child sexual abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder in child abuse victims
- Death/homicide of children
- Children as witnesses
- Investigative protocol for child sexual abuse
- Forensic interviewing techniques
- Prosecution of child sexual abuse
- Expert witness testimony
- REID training, basic and advanced
- The dynamics of incest
- A mock trial
In addition, National Children’s Alliance offers a wide range of training opportunities, which can be found in its Comprehensive Training Catalogue For Children’s Advocacy Centers. Please refer to the NCA Professional Resources section on the National Children’s Alliance website.